Who are the greatest soccer players ever? Do you think that Ronaldo and Messi should be placed among the greatest football players of all time?
Can you choose the greatest players of sport that is played among 190 plus nations? I guess not. If it comes down to make one sport as global sport than probably all countries will choose soccer. Soccer is the most played sport in the world and also the most watched sport on Television. Football players are worshiped as god in many countries. All European countries have their own football teams. The government and private sector of these countries invest heavily in the teams and players. Brazil is so mad for soccer that kids playing football on streets is a common sight.
So if you are to make a list of greatest football players then you are surely going to upset few fans and give treat to other fans. We here picked out the 100 greatest soccer players of all time. This is a list of greatest soccer players and not of the football players of National Football League of America. NFL and Soccer are two different sports. National Football League is more like Rugby then like Soccer.
Coming to the list, this list includes all-time great footballers who ever stepped on the field. These soccer players are chosen on the basis of several factors. These factors include – total goals, defenses, passing ability, contribution to their club or national team. This list pays homage to great retired soccer players and also to amazing football players of present.
Here are the 100 greatest football players of all time:
100. James Rodriguez (Colombia, 2011-Present)
99. Diego Forlan (Uruguay, 2002–2015)
98. Andriy Shevchenko (Ukraine, 1995-2012)
97. Michael Ballack (Germany, 1999-2010)
96. Sergio Aguero (Argentina, 2006-Present)
95. Wesley Sneijder (Netherlands, 2003-Present)
94. Jari Litmanen (Finland, 1989-2010)
93. Franck Ribery (France, 2006-2014)
92. Frank Lampard (England, 1999-2014)
91. Eden Hazard (Belgium, 2008-Present)